Unless you’re out of the loop (like I have been lately), you’ve probably seen The Sunshine Award making the rounds of the blogosphere. Well, guess what…it finally made its way to Yours Truly. Heather at Run LIke a G nominated me, which means I’ve been nominated by half my readers! Just kidding. Kind of. Thanks, Heather!!
1. Include award logo in a post or on your blog (above).
2. Link to the person who nominated you – Heather @ Run Like a G
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs letting them know they’ve been nominated.
This is super exciting to me because it reminds me of all those “surveys” that went around in middle school, when e-mail was the new, cool thing.
Anywhoo, here are my answers to Heather’s questions:
1. What is your favorite thing about running?
I’m going to take the liberty of changing this question to make it plural. My favorite THINGS about running are: having time alone with my thoughts, the way it makes me feel, enjoying the outdoors (or watching trashy T.V. guilt-free from the treadmill), pushing through the hard spots and coming out accomplished… Maybe I should have just said, “Everything. Everything is my favorite.”
2. What FRIENDS character are you more like? (Fe/male)
J and I just had an embarrassingly long conversation about this. We couldn’t decide, but we settled on Chandler. I just don’t identify that much with any of the women. (Actually, J said I’m the weird neighbor in the bathrobe. That’s not nice).
3. If money wasn’t an object, what country/island/place would you explore for a week? (ONLY ONE!)
Too hard, Heather. Too hard. Right now, I’m saying Ireland. But I reserve the right to change my mind if this ever is a real-life scenario.
4. Bodybuilding – yay or nay?
Totally cool for other people if that’s your thing, but not for this girl. I don’t like lifting weights, and I do like lifting carbs to my mouth.
5. What do you LOVE about your body? (Only sunny answers!)
That it can take me through a solid 10-mile interval workout before the sun comes up…and still have enough energy to be on my feet teaching all day.
6. Tell me your favorite season and give two reasons why it is your favorite season.
Fall. Because it’s beautiful, and chilly but not cold. And there’s an abundance of pumpkin foods.
7. Do you believe in love at first sight?
8. If you could have an exotic animal as pet, which would you choose?
Okay, blog world, don’t throw rocks at me, but I’m not so much an animal person. Especially not indoor animals. I don’t want hair/fur/feathers/smelly animal stuff in my house. So I will pass on the pet. A classroom full of 16-year-olds is exotic enough for me. (They sometimes smell weird, but at least they don’t shed too much).
9. Have you read Harry Potter?
No. Because I’m the worst English teacher on the planet. I just have no desire to do so.
10. What is your favorite cereal?
This is me. We actually had to stop buying cereal for a while because J and I both eat it like it’s going out of style. I just ate some Kashi Go Lean Vanilla Crunch (I think that’s it’s name…vanilla something), so that’s my favorite right this minute.
And here are my nominees, in no particular order. I read so many blogs that brighten my day that picking just 10 was practically impossible. I tried to nominate people who I don’t *think* had done this yet, but I might be wrong.
- Sarah @ Heart Flutters
- Jilliene @ Chasing Raspberries
- Karen @ Runner Girl Eats
- Logan @ Mountains and Miles
- Natalie @ Fit. Fun. Femme.
- Sara @ Fit. Fun. Femme.
- Heather @ Just a Colorado Gal
- Brooke @ Running in Heels
- Heather @ Better With Veggies
- Beth @ Chasing My Joy
Here are my (completely random) questions for you, nominee-people:
1. What’s the best vacation you’ve ever taken?
2. Tell me one terrific thing about your week.
3. Would you rather be stuck neck-deep in the hole of an outhouse for an hour or stuck in a porta-potty rolling down a hill for five minutes?
4. What was your favorite class in high school?
5. If you won the lottery today, what would you do?
6. If you had one day in which you could do and say whatever you wanted, and you would be the only one who remembered that day, what would you do?
7. Which sounds like a fun Friday night: drinks, dinner, and dancing, or couch, P.J.s, and movies?
8. What not-on-the-air-anymore sitcom do you love?
9. If you could go back in time and tell your 17-year-old self one thing, what would it be?
10. What irrational fears/phobias do you have? (I promise I won’t use them against you).
Your turn: Pick a question or two, either from Heather’s list or mine, and answer them!