Okay, pals, I’ve had a few little things happen lately that make me think, “I have to put that on the blog.” But none of them are significant enough to merit a blog post alone, so I’m listing them all here. Sorry for the lack of coherence.
1. Tuesday evening, I went for my first after-school run this school year. The weather was glorious and cool, and I was having just a dandy time. I passed a couple sitting on a bench at the park, and — like I always do — waved and said, “HI!” Now, the expected response in this situation is an equally friendly salutation. What I got instead, from the woman on the bench, was “EFF OFF!” (She said the full word. I edited to protect the innocent.)
–> my response.
That’s weird, right? What did I ever do to her? I just kept on running.
2. I have beanbags in my classroom, because I’m a super cool teacher (sarcasm font needed here). The beanbags are getting old and very flat, but I didn’t want to throw them out, because that seemed wasteful. So instead, I hopped on Amazon and bought some beanbag filling. File that one under “worst ideas ever.”
Turns out, beanbags are hard to fill. And tiny Styrofoam balls are hard to clean up when spilled all over the floor.
3. This news story. A drunk man was arrested in Boulder. He was riding his horse. To Utah. With a dog in his backpack. So much stupid in one little package.
4. I was griping about this to Jordan as we stood in line at the grocery store last weekend:
5. This is a peak week of marathon training, and it is HARD. I may or may not have just crawled up the stairs because walking up seemed like too much work after 12 miles of tempo intervals.
And that is all. I hope you all had a happy Thursday. The weekend is near!
Tell me something random about you.