I have been intending to write this post for a long time. I don’t really even have an excuse for not writing it, since there’s not much writing involved. Anyway, lately I’ve read some really great articles and blog posts, so I thought I’d pass them along. In no particular order, here are some of my favorite Internet things as of late. All the titles should be hyperlinked, but WordPress is being a turd tonight. If a link doesn’t work, let me know and I’ll get it fixed!
- 7 Stepping Stones to Body Love from Workout Nirvana. Great perspective, solid advice.
- Close the (Thigh) Gap by Jen Sinkler. The thigh gap is stupid and dangerous for most women to try to achieve. Jen proves it.
- Habits of Happy People from Peanut Butter Fingers. More good advice on how to not suck…or think you suck.
- It’s the Gains by Alex at The Run Within. Alex discussed her mental shift from thinking the word “gain” was negative to seeing it as positive. I am saving this post to share with students with eating disorders. It’s fantastic.
- Any Friday post from rUnladylike, but especially this one. Jesica has a Friday FITspiration series, and every story is incredibly inspiring. The one that is linked tells the story of a woman who does IRONMAN triathlons. While fighting cancer. Yeah. Wow.
- A Message to Anyone Worried About Looking “Unglam” in Race Photos from Run With Holly. Holly discusses why we look bad in race photos and why we shouldn’t worry about it. And she even includes some of her own race pictures for us to relate to.
I hope you get a chance to read some (or all) of these posts, and I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
Any great posts that you’ve read — or written– lately that I should read?
4 thoughts on “A Few of My Favorite Posts: Good Reading from Around the Web”
I can’t wait to check out these posts! Thanks so much for sharing with us! Thank you also for the shout out about my Friday FITspiration series. There are so many ordinary athletes doing extraordinary things! They inspire me every day and I’m glad Kristin’s story inspired you! Thanks again for shaing. Happy running!
Thanks for the shout out friend, I am really glad that resonated with you. Honestly they are my favorite posts to write. I can’t wait to read the others!
Thanks for sharing! I haven’t seen some of these posts yet and can’t wait to check em out 🙂
What a wonderful resource you’ve compiled here. Thanks so much for sharing it and for sharing mine! ~@WorkoutNirvana