Fact: It’s Sunday afternoon, and I’m trying to get a couple of posts schedules so I can keep up my Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday posting schedule.
Fact: I am short on time, and don’t have the time to write anything thought-provoking (as though I ever do that) or humorous.
Fact: I loved this silly surveys when I was in middle school and e-mail was new and cool, and I still get a kick out of them, so I’m doing this one that’s been around the blogosphere approximately 7 billion times. Originality is not my strong suit.
1. Were you named after anyone? Nope. My parents just liked the name “Cassie.” I’m not even Cassandra, because that’s stuffy. (Sorry if that’s your name. No offense meant).
2. When was the last time you cried? Sad cried? I don’t know. But last week, my students were playing a vocab review game, and they got so hilarious that I laughed so hard I cried. And that’s always better than sad crying, anyway.
3. Do you like your handwriting? Not really. Especially when I’m grading essays at lightning speed, and then my students can’t decipher my comments. Oops.
4. What is your favorite lunch meat? Leftovers from dinner. Wait, did you mean sandwich meat? I don’t eat that. I always eat leftovers for lunch, because I’m poor and lazy.
6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? Obviously. I am the coolest.
7. Do you use sarcasm a lot? If by “a lot” you mean “Every other sentence,” then yes.
8. Do you still have your tonsils? Yes. Because I’m not a sally.
9. Would you bungee jump? Absolutely. And I wouldn’t have a melodramatic breakdown first like every girl who has ever been on The Bachelor.
10 What is your favorite cereal? I love all the cereal. I cannot choose a favorite.
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? My running shoes, because they’re tied too tightly to get off otherwise. Otherwise, I don’t really wear shoes with laces.
12. Do you think you are strong? Duh. Have you seen these guns?
13. What is your favorite ice cream? True story: I don’t really eat ice cream. I’ll have a couple of bites of J’s, but more than that hurts my stomach. Sad story, huh?
14. What is the first thing you notice about other people? Depends on who it is, I guess. I mean, if it’s this guy:
Well…. you know.
15. Red or pink? Pink. I’m not super girly, but I do love me some pink.
16. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? I don’t like this question. “Let’s think about all the things I don’t like and pick the one I like least!” Terrible idea, survey-maker.
17. Any tattoos? Just the ones from the bubble gum packages. (Do they still sell those? If so, I’m going shopping).
18. Do you have any hobbies? Aside from the obvious (writing/blogging, running, reading, bothering my husband)? Hm…I used to play the piano. I miss it, but my piano is still at my parents’ house, and there are these mountains between us that put a damper on getting it. Also, I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have time to play much.
19. What color shoes are you wearing? Shoes are not for inside.
20. What was the last thing you ate? Blackberries. Remarkably delicious ones.
21. What are you listening to right now? A bird outside making noises and my dryer making horrible squeaky sounds that we can’t figure out how to fix.
22. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Remember when you were a kid, and you drew a Caucasian person but didn’t have the skin-tone crayon, so you just left his skin uncolored? That’s my natural skin tone, so I don’t think I’d be a crayon.
23. Favorite smells? Freshly cut hay, flowers, vanilla, chocolate
Mmm. Best smell in the world. (source)
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? My parents are the only non-work people I ever talk to on the phone.
25. Mountain hideaway or beach house? All of the above.
26. Favorite sport to watch? In person? Hockey. I haven’t actually watched hockey since college, but I’ll assume I still like it because it’s the only live sport I’ve ever enjoyed watching. On TV? Whatever J is watching while I screw around on my computer and don’t watch at all.
27. Hair color? Red, baby.
28. Eye colors? Blue.
29. Do you wear contacts? Only when I want to see.
30. Scary movies or happy endings? I cannot do scary. Happy only, please.
31. Last movie you watched? I actually have no idea. I’m really bad at watching movies at home… if one is on, I get distracted and do something else. And I don’t remember the last one I saw in the theater… Saving Mr. Banks, maybe?
32. What color shirt are you wearing? I blog naked.
That is a joke. Don’t make it weird.
33. Summer or winter? Summer. So much summer.
34. Hugs or kisses? I can’t even believe that Cori chose hugs. I’m not sure we can be friends any longer. Kisses are SO much better.
I don’t even know why I think that’s funny.
35. Computer or television? Computer. Because then I can do 87 things at once, and that’s healthy. (See #7)
36. What book are you reading right now? A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. It’s supposed to be this classic coming-of-age story, but thus far, it’s pretty boring.
37. What’s on your mouse pad? I don’t know. The only one I have is at work, and though I use it every day, I cannot tell you what it looks like. That’s pathetic.
38. What color is your house? House colored.
39. What color is your car? White
Additional question from Cori at OlivetoRun:
Why isn’t there a number 40? I hate odd numbers so I’m going to make one up.
40. What you go back to school for if money wasn’t an issue? Something health related — nutrition, maybe.
Fact: I’m not going back to proofread this post. Sorry for the inevitable typos.
Did you like these surveys when you were a kid? Do you still?
Answer any of those survey questions for yourself!