I had planned to write a Throwback Thursday post about one of my favorite-ever hikes, but I cannot find the pictures from it. And it’s one that definitely needs the pictures. So instead, I’m linking up with Amanda from Running With Spoons for a little bit of Thursday randomness. Enjoy this glimpse into the crazy that is my brain.
1. The 10k I’ve been training for is Saturday. Turns out, I get pre-race jitters no matter the race distance. Part of the jitters this time are, I’m sure, because this training plan was so different from anything I’ve ever done. And today’s rest day is definitely not helping with the antsy-ness. Especially since it was 64 degrees this afternoon.
3. I wanted to take a screenshot of the forecast, but my phone is still dead. Awesome. And since I live in the boonies, I have to wait until Saturday after the race to get it replaced. Makes me very glad we bought insurance, though.
4. I’m making baked potatoes for dinner. They’ve been in the oven for an hour and are still rock hard. Reminds me of this:
5. Today was one of those ideal teaching days with my freshmen. Everyone was engaged and focused. It was awesome. I wish every day could be like that!
6. Tomorrow is the 30th birthday of one of my best friends in the entire universe. We met shortly before she moved in to my college apartment. She was good friends with our other roommate, but I hardly knew her. That summer, it was just Sam and I in our apartment. I was nervous at first. I didn’t need to be.
Turns out, we got along fine.
Happy 30th, Sam! (Please don’t punch me for finding this picture and putting it on the internet).
6. Next week is standardized test week. Sarcastic yay. It is the most boring week imaginable. Teachers have to be “active proctors,” and the state of Colorado doesn’t believe that we can possible pay attention to what the kids are doing if we’re grading, or reading, or doing anything besides walking around and staring at the kids. For hours. Because if they go beyond the massive stop sign, THE WORLD WILL END! On the bright side, I won’t have much grading to do at night.
I think that’s a sufficient amount of randomness, don’t you?
Tell me something random, too!