Hey friends! Happy Thursday! And thanks so much for all the sweet comments on my Boston post. I love this community.
I have so many stupid little things to tell you, so I’m linking up with Amanda from Running with Spoons today to Think Out Loud with all my randomness.
- Best news: J and I booked a vacation last week! We’re headed to Myrtle Beach in May, after school gets out. We haven’t had a lot of time to look at things to do there, but we’ll be there for a week. Any suggestions?
- As I was updating my calendar with all the end-of-year school stuff today, I realized that we will NEED that vacation. There are four days in May with nothing scheduled (yet). At least not all those things are work-related, and some of the work-related ones are fun, too.
- One of those things is graduation, which I rather randomly got put in charge of this year, along with the counselor. The last counselor didn’t leave any notes, timelines, etc., so we’re just kind of flying by the seat of our pants. Let’s hope there is a graduation….
- I get to be on an interview committee for another teaching position at my school. I’ve never been on this side of an interview. Should be interesting. I’m excited.
- Thinking about that interview committee, I asked my seniors today what they want in a teacher. They had some interesting answers, to be sure. My favorite was “young and attractive.” Oh, kids.
- They also have horrible senioritis. It’s driving me crazy.
- Every time I see the Amtrak go by, I kind of wish I was back here with my girls:
Trains are fun. But train people are a little weird. On the way home, the man in front of Sam was singing and dancing… when he wasn’t snoring at 95 decibels.
- Microsoft ended the support for Windows XP. Old computers won’t run the new Windows. Know what their “solution” is? Buy a new PC. If I could afford a new computer, do you really think I’d be using this dinosaur? Thanks for nothing, Microsoft.
- This weekend, my girlfriends and I realized that we are old. Both nights, we went to bed at the time we used to be getting ready to go out.
- I am doing this race with Logan and Amy (team name: Cereal Killers). It’s a 12-hour relay… from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. I am ridiculously excited and also a little terrified. But mostly excited.
So anyway, that’s what’s happening in my brain lately. What’s up in your world?