Whew, what a week it has been… and it’s only Thursday. In addition to the usual craziness that is the last week of school, our district server (you know, the one that hosts our Internet service and our entire network) has been down the past two days. My sophomores’ final projects are multimedia presentations, and our yearbook (which needs to be done in three days) and grade book are both online.
Needless to say, things have been a little stressful. My brain is barely working. So naturally, I’m going to link up with Amanda at Running with Spoons and think out loud. You’re welcome.
- On my run tonight, I heard a woman call her dog “Unagi.” And now that is my favorite dog ever.
- Now that I’m ramping my mileage back up, the infamous “runger” is also ramping up. It was super awkward today when my kids were (silently) taking their final, and my stomach was growling like a depressed Yeti.
- This image keeps popping up on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram….
and it’s driving me insane. Public Service Announcement from the former pig farmer’s daughter: Pigs don’t really sweat. That’s why they have to wallow in mud to cool themselves. So when you tell me to “sweat like a pig,” you’re telling me to roll around in mud. So no thanks.
- This face. I have made it so many times this week:
Like when my freshmen asked if they could turn in their books the day before the final. You know, instead of using them to study. Or when a student said, “The rubric said we have to cite our music. I got my music off my phone. Can I just cite my phone?” …. At least she was reading the rubric, I guess. Oh, kids and their inability to think before speaking in springtime. 🙂
- Although the students are currently driving me bats, I am actually sad that the year is over. I get the freshmen again next year, but the sophomores are moving on from me. I’m sad, because I’ve had this group since they were in eighth grade, and we are pals. (Don’t tell them I said that. If they ask, we are NOT pals.)
- In one week, I’ll be here:
(source) Try not to be too jealous. Okay, be jealous. It’s awesome.
How are things in your world?
Have you been to South Carolina? Any must-sees that we have to know about?
10 thoughts on “Thinking Out Loud: (Almost) Last Day of School Edition”
I love the Ross and Fresh Prince pics/video! I’m pretty sure I’ve made that exact same face a few times this week…lol. The end of our school year in Nova Scotia isn’t until June 30!!! 😦 I totally get your Runger! Now that I’ve been hit with the cold/recovering from the marathon I don’t have it quite as bad. Is it weird that I wish I did?
Haha no, not weird at all! I almost feel weird when I’m not hungry at work. 🙂
HA – I have been in some of those strange quiet situations when your stomach starts growling, the worst of which was during a message when I was trying to relax but all I could hear was my stomach. The masseuse even asked if I wanted food!
I wonder if massueses (no idea what the plural of that is) keep snacks on hand for such situations.
I am sooooo glad I don’t teach HS! Elem. kids ask/say stupid things too, but I feel like they at least have an excuse hehe.
High schoolers have an excuse, too… hormones. 🙂
I can’t believe you are done with school!!!! Hope the system was repaired and everything worked out! Have a glorious vacation!!!! 🙂
It did, eventually! Thank goodness.
Oh man, the server crash is NOT what you need in the last three days of school, but congrats on being DONE!
Thanks! It’s a weird feeling to be done so early!