I’ve mentioned this before: I get quite a kick out of the blog awards and surveys that float around periodically. They remind me of those questionnaires that went around back when having an e-mail address was new and cool. Annnd I’m old. Since I enjoy these so much, I was excited when deutscherwanderwolf (whose life I kinda want… she’s a graduate student in literature studying abroad in Germany) nominated me for a Liebster.
I did the Liebster thing a while back, but the fun thing about these awards is that they’re different every time. These are the rule for this one:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog. (whoever designed these rules wants to make sure that we have manners). Thanks!
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
I’m not sure that I can come up with 11 random things that I haven’t already told you (and that I’m willing to share on the internet machine), so I’ll start by answering the questions and we’ll see where it goes from there.
- How much did you run from Oct. 13-19? 37.8 miles. Here’s a random fall picture that’s probably not from that week at all.
- Do you have a set time you try to blog, or does it just “happen?”
In my imaginary world, I blog on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. But honestly, blogging is not near the top of my priority list, so the weekday posts often get pushed aside in favor of grading or school activities. Or sleeping. But tonight’s Tuesday, and I’m blogging, so… go me!
- When you are ready to blog, do you make yourself a drink first? If so, what kind?
I always have my nightly cup of tea (usually Sleepytime), whether I’m blogging or not.
- What is something you would like to accomplish before the end of 2014?
I started writing work-related things here. No, Cassie, look at where you’re posting. In non-work-related life, I want to work out every day and also have some holiday-related fun.
- If you have children, which of your traits are you most happy that they picked up?
I do not have children.If I do, I really hope they don’t pick up on my dislike of children.
(Calm down. That’s a little joke. I don’t hate kids. At least not all of them.)
- Beach or trail run?
Can I have both? I guess trail if I had to choose, but I only get to do beach runs once every couple of years, so they’re special.
<– random beach picture from our trip to Myrtle Beach
- If you (and anyone else you with you) were given a travel stipend and a week off, where would you go? Oooooh. I want this to happen in real life. A week is not much time, but I’d pick Europe if it was on someone else’s dime! Specifically, probably England. Or Ireland. Or Italy. Or Switzerland. Making hypothetical choices is hard.
- Which language do you think sounds the most beautiful?
I don’t know. I need to hear more languages.
- What kind of movie would you like to star in?
Something about a B.A. runner. Not one of those unrealistic inspirational teacher flicks. All of those I’ve ever seen are fakey and make me feel like a failure for not turning everyone’s life around.
- (for the laundromat-savvy) If there was one machine almost done, and you needed to do a load, how long would you wait for the person to show up before you (nicely) took out their laundry so that you could do yours?
Hmmm. 10 minutes? In college, I was super impatient and would take it out as soon as it was done, but I’d like to believe that I’m less of a jerk now.
- Do you blog with the hope that others read your blog, or do you really not care?
I want readers. If I didn’t, I’d just keep a journal. Having an audience keeps me accountable for writing at least sometimes. Plus I’ve “met” (and sometimes real-life met) some really cool people (like my Chase the Moon team) through this little blog.
I think that’s enough random things without 11 more, don’t you?
1. What accomplishment from 2014 are you most proud of (so far)?
2. What’s the most awesome place you have ever run/biked/etc.? Bonus points for including a picture,
3. What’s your T.V. guilty pleasure? (I need a new treadmill show now that it’s dark always).
4. And your workout song guilty pleasure? (Mine’s anything Will Smith circa 1998ish)
5. If you had to switch careers, what would your next career be?
6. Describe your dream run.
7. Do you enjoy working out with your significant other, or would you rather work out alone?
8. If I came to visit you, what would we do? (Amy and Brooke, you have to play, too!)
9. What’s your favorite post-long-run/race food?
10. What is your typical breakfast? (I’m getting bored with mine. I need some ideas).
11. If you could time travel for a day, where would you spend it?
Answer one (or all) the questions in the comment, or snag them for your blog and answer them there!