I started to type “By …” here because our school newspaper also uses WordPress, and I spent over an hour posting articles (with kids’ bylines) in this little space today. Oops.
I’m sure you’re glad I told you that. Anyway… a while back, Kristin from Sweat Courage nominated me for this fun questionnaire that has been circulating the Internet machine lately. Since I don’t have to go to work tomorrow, I finally have time to do it!
Four names that people call me, other than my real name:
- J and I have a lot of intentionally ridiculous pet names for each other… none of which will be shared here. Sorry.
- Stinker. (Nickname from my big brother, of course.)
- Miss. (because Mrs. Sonnenberg is a mouthful)
- Cassonara (my college roommate made that up and still calls me that)
Four jobs I have had:
- Water girl at a nursery/garden center
- I worked at the college visitor center. Once my roommate (the same one that calls me Cassonara) asked me what my job title was, and I said, “Um… girl?”
- Kohl’s customer service department. This was my last non-career job, and I was not sad when it ended. Customer service is rough.
Four movies I’ve watched more than once:
- A Few Good Men
- While You Were Sleeping
Four books I’d recommend:
- Bossypants by Tina Fey
- Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
- And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
- The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
Four places I have lived:
I’ve never lived outside Colorado because I’m a lame-o, so here are four Colorado places I’ve lived:
- Fort Collins
- Fort Morgan
Four places I have been:
(National Park theme)
Four places I’d rather be right now:
Well, my couch is pretty nice, but…
Four things I don’t eat:
- Most deep-fried food
Four of my favorite foods:
- Nuts of all kinds
Four TV shows that I watch:
a.k.a. my treadmill shows
- The Biggest Loser
- The Bachelor/Bachelorette
- New Girl
- About a Boy
Four things I am looking forward to this year:
I’m assuming “this year” means the rest of 2014…
- Time with my in-laws on Thanksgiving
- Seeing my family at Christmas, especially my grandparents, since I haven’t seen them since summer
- Christmas break = two full weeks!
- Decorating our house for Christmas (it’s always fun!)
Four things I’m always saying:
One of my students made a list of my common sayings for her propaganda project. I didn’t realize I said some of these so often.
- “Um…. no.”
- “If you would not do that, that would be perfect.”
- “Can’t you wait ten minutes?” (I wouldn’t say it so much if kids wouldn’t always ask to use the bathroom in the last ten minutes of class.)
- “It’s not my birthday.” (For a while, 0ne of my classes thought it was funny to say “Happy Birthday” every day when I walked into class.)
Four People I Tag:
A lot of people have already been tagged, and I’m not sure who has and hasn’t, because I had to do a bunch of “mark all as read” hitting recently. So if you haven’t been tagged, I tag you!
Even if you have been tagged, answer some of these in the comments!